Why it’s a great time to buy a fast casual franchise
We touched upon the numbers recently in our blog – owners and prospective owners have never been more interested in owning and operating franchises. And to be candid, now is a great time to buy a fast casual franchise in particular.
1. Interest in fast casual franchises is through the roof
Fast casual franchises have shown strong performance despite the pandemic. And they’re poised for continued growth in the coming years. Why exactly? Let’s break down just a few of the reasons why it’s a great time to buy a fast casual franchise:
2. Fast casual is filling a massive hole in food offerings right now.
3. Particularly since the pandemic started, people are often looking to get fresh food, fast.
4. Consumers (especially millennials and gen z) want the customization and personalization that comes with fast casual.
Millennial and Gen Z spending power comes out at over $165 billion in the U.S. And that doesn’t factor in their influence on their Gen X parents. And while there is conflicting data, studies suggest that both millennials and generation Z show a strong preference toward personalization in their consumer experiences (in addition to studies showing that both are especially biased toward healthy eating options).
In other words, fast casual franchises are MADE for millennials and gen z, and they are providing the experiences that these individuals want…oh, and where they have money to spend!
5. Fast casual often provides chef-level food options at lower price points and quicker service.
We are thriving here at Shaka Kitchen, and our new franchise owners will be poised for significant success and growth as well. Our franchise program has been carefully designed by our leadership team and a range of franchising experts to be sure Shaka owners have everything they need to be successful. To learn more about franchising opportunities, contact us today. A member of our franchising team will follow up with you soon.
How to determine the best-fit franchise before taking the leap
Whether you’re just beginning your research into potential franchisors, or you’re getting ready to make a final decision, be sure that you’re factoring in this advice when making a decision:
1. Consider what you want/need (or don’t) from a prospective franchisor
2. Talk to current owners at your narrowed-down list of potential franchises
3. Think about whether or not you would want to buy something from that business.
4. Review metrics and data
And these are just to start! Want to learn more about owning a Shaka Kitchen franchise? We’d love to talk to you! Contact us through this form and a member of our franchising team will reach out.